Subscribe:

Saturday, April 2, 2011

Shaun tait retires from One Day internationals.



Shaun Tait has announced his retirement from the one-day cricket format. His decision to quit at the conclusion of Australia's World Cup campaign, in order to concentrate his energies on Twenty20 cricket.

The 28-year-old Tait has been a T20 bowler for quite some time, never delivering more than four overs in the one spell for Australia or South Australia over the past two seasons.

He never retired officially from Test or first-class cricket, though in July last year, he had flatly rejected Ricky Ponting's hopeful suggestion of an Ashes campaign.

"This is not a decision I have taken lightly but I believe it is one that will help me to prolong my cricketing career through the many Twenty20 avenues available," Tait said. "In reality, playing all year round for Australia and South Australia is not allowing my body to stand up as I would like and I do not want to be forced into retirement through career-ending injuries.

"Twenty20 cricket allows me to manage my body to a level where I feel I can continue to contribute to the game for some time yet. My goal was to hopefully help Australia retain the ICC Cricket World Cup. However, with our involvement now finished I feel it is the perfect time to move on in a new direction.

0 comments:

Post a Comment